Thursday, February 5, 2009

One of my fondest memories of Kyler

Over the next couple of days I'm going to put some of my favorite memories from my kids. Tonight it's Kyler's turn....

One of my favorite memories of Kyler is last year when he started baseball. During practice he started out like most kids, he was a little scared of being hit by the ball when the pitcher threw it for him to hit. Also during practice he had issues really staying in the batter's box and giving it a good swing, hence it was very hard to make good contact with the ball.

Just before the game I told him that he needs to visualize staying in the batter's box and hitting the ball. He closed his eyes and said that was picturing it then.

Kyler was batting at the very bottom of the batting order and on his very first at bat in the game he got a base hit. He got the first hit and first run scored of the season for his team. He actually ran to second for a double. The best part was how excited he was. He was on cloud 9.

Every time he now mentions that he does not think he can do something I remind him of the visualization that he did on the hit and he always closes his eyes and says that he can now see it.

No comments: