Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The First Post

Ok, So, after watching my wife blogging for the last several months; I figure what the heck, mabey I should give this a try, it sounds like fun...

I think that the first order of business should be to tell a little about myself:

Family:

I have a beautiful wife (of almost 11 years) and three children Kyler age 9, Branson age 6 and Jade age 1. My family is my life, I enjoy spending time with them and spoiling them rotten (which is easy to do). I am child three of five (yes, you got it... a middle child) and grew up in Dallas. We also have a dog and three cats.

Location:

We live just outside of Austin in Leander Texas. Leander is a great place to live. The area is growing up so fast. We live on a couple of acres overlooking the scenic hill country.


Career:

I am the Vice President of Business Management for a company who makes network security devices (Intrusion Prevention Systems). Early in my career I was a software developer and have worked several positions managing software development.

Hobbies / Interests:

Unfortunately I really don't have much time to devote to hobbies but given the time I like:




  • Cars
  • Computers
  • Coaching Soccer
  • History
  • Music
  • Playing Spades
  • Video


  • Landscaping
  • Woodworking
  • Reading Books
  • Water and Snow Skiing
  • Movies
  • Pool
  • Swimming


What I plan to Blog about:

The simple answer is "This and That" but more specifically my hope is to blog about life, work, children, toys, vacation, my hobbies, random thoughts, structured thoughts, ideas and my dreams. Stay tuned to find out.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

great first post!