Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Children

I have three children ages 9, 6 and 17 months. Here is a little about each one of them.


Kyler (Age 9). Kyler is my oldest child and he is a loving and caring child (when he is not trying to antagonize his little brother). He has a will power when he sets his mind to something that amazes everyone. He is persistent and has a quality about detail that I admire. He was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis when he was just a couple of weeks old though we suspected that he had it at three days old. He had a bowel obstruction at birth which is a indicator that he may have the disease. Kyler to date has mostly had intestinal issue with his CF and is very healthy. We used to call Kyler Pookey Bear when he was younger, while we no longer call him this he is still our little Pookey Bear.

Branson (Age 6). Branson is a very loving and cuddly child and has an aptitude for learning and is very competitive (Especially with his brother). Branson also has Cystic Fibrosis. He was diagnosed at a very young age (several weeks) due to his older brother. Where Kyler has more of the gut issues Branson has more lung complications. We try very hard to get him the best care we can to insure he is happy and healthy. Branson enjoys riding his bike as he just learned how to ride without training wheels. A couple of days ago he asked me to remove his training wheels because he wanted to lean so I took them off and he got on and started riding without any parental assistance. He can be very independent but also likes to be reassured of his accomplishments from others. Branson's nick name has always been little buddy, not sure when we started calling him this but he looks like he could be everyone's best buddy.

Jade (Age 17 Months). Jade our youngest is the cutest little girl I've ever seen. Now, I know you are saying that I am biased. Well I am but I still think it is true. She has a spark about her that is contagious. The twinkle in her eyes is so much fun to watch. She loves to explore and seems to pick stuff so fast. Possibly the constant attention she gets from her brothers and parents. At this time she calls everyone "Ma Ma", in fact it is almost like she loves to have people say "What" when she says it. It is funny when she does that to complete strangers. They say, oh no, I'm not your "Ma Ma" and then the proceeds to laugh and say it again. Pretty funny. She also likes to be the center of attention, just like her mother. We call Jade our little Twinkle Star 'cause that's what she is.

We have the best kids in the world. I don't know what I would do without them. They teach me just as much as I teach them. It is real fun to watch them explore and learn. I love them more than words can express.

So enough sappiness... Back to blogging.

No comments: