Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Those 80's Slogans

Do you ever get a song stuck in your head and just can't get it out? I do and today that song is a commercial jingle from Raisin Brand cereal. You know the one... "Two scoops of raisins in Kellogs Raisin Brand.... Two Scoops...". Anyway that got me to thinking. I remember when this commercial first made is out. So to try and clear my mind of this maddening song I decided to try and think of as many 80's slogans as I could. I am not sure how many of these are from the 80's but I sure do remember them as a kid.

So here goes:

"We do chicken right!"
"Mikey likes it"
"Where's the beef?" (One of my personal favorites... I used to have a shirt with this slogan)
"Kentucky Fried Chicken, it's finger licking good"
"I like the Sprite in you!"
"I'm a pepper, your a pepper, wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?"
"Want love? Get Close-Up" (Or something like that)
"Raise your hand if you're Sure"
"Aren't you glad you use Dial? Don't you wish everyone did?"
"Reach out, reach out and touch someone"
"Show 'em you're a tiger" (Tony the Tiger)
"There Grrrrrreat!" (Another Tony the Tiger)
"Melts in your mouth, not in your hand..." (M&M's slogan)
"Plop Plop, fizz fizz, Oh what a relief it is" (Alka Seltzer)
"I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener"
"Snap, Cracle, Pop"
"How do you spell relief? R-O-L-A-I-D-S"
"Good to the last drop... Maxwell House"
"Hefty! Hefty! Hefty!, Wimpy! Wimpy! Wimpy"
"My little Pony"
"La, La, Lalalala, La, la, la, lala" (Smurfs song, not really a slogan but it came to me)
"Light Bright", Don't really remember the words but the jingle sticks in my head.
"Avoid the Noid" (I think this was Dominos Pizza)
"Only you can prevent forrest fires"
"Gatorade is thirst-aid"
"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"
"I wanna be a Toys'r'us kid" (Ok now this one is stuck in my head)


Enough already... So let me see if I inflict the same pain in the readers of this blog...

I don't want to grow up,
I'm a Toys'r'us kid
'cause there's a million toys at Toys'r'us
that I can play with
From bikes to trains to video games
it's the biggest toy store there is (gee wiz)
I don't want to grow up,
'cause mabey if I did,
I would'nt be a Toys'r'us kid

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You must be bored at work!!